As a Project Manager, you are part of the project team that works on efficiency and reliability projects to maintain and improve the plants in the Benelux. You actively participate to the development phase of projects. You take the lead to align all your stakeholders and organise regular steering committees to keep them up to date of the status of your projects. You prepare your own technical specifications and prepare the work packages for subcontractors. During the execution phase you work in close collaboration with the sites to supervise subcontractors and ensure compliance and safety at all times. After your project is finished you ensure handover to operations and project closure, including the as-built documentation.
Scope and direct report: Reports to Projects Team Manager; you are part of a team of around 15 project engineers / project managers
The position is based in either the Antwerp area or Rotterdam area, depending on the projects.
You can become a Project Manager Large Industries with a Master in Engineering (mechanical or process engineering) and preferably 8+ years of proven experience in Industrial Projects execution (EPC projects).
• Technical skills: define detailed scope of the project; prepare technical specifications and redlined drawings/P&IDs/isometrics; perform site survey to optimize piping and cabling layout; prepare work packages needed to subcontract part of the scope to subcontractors; perform review of suppliers documents
• Project Management: Follow-up of AL Project Management tools, procedures, and methodology (gated process) for the development and follow-up of scope, quality, budget, and schedule
• Coordination skills: Collaborate with the different project stakeholders and manage/supervise execution
• Analytical skills: Prepare business cases and continuous efficiency projects
• Safety & environmental awareness
• Results oriented: Reporting to different levels of the organisation
• Teamwork: Ability to work with on-site resources, subcontractors and to share best practices and lessons learned during execution and closure with the team
• Languages: Fluent in Dutch English. French is a plus.
• High proactivity
• Communication skills: Ability to transfer needed information to the different stakeholders in an efficient and clear manner
WHAT SKILLS WILL I DEVELOP IN THIS JOB?
Supported by a large Cluster Team, you’ll grow in an international company & develop a large spectrum of skills: Technical skills, Project Management skills, Transverse Management skills, Leadership, and Communication skills! After a successful experience as a PM, you can evolve towards other positions within AL (e.g. maintenance manager, business developer,...).
We are looking for strong, technical, energetic, self-supporting, decisive Project Manager for Large Industries, with global career perspectives!