Site based position:
SMAT Plant Material Controller, to promote a positive health and safety culture in the workplace, ensure work environment is safe for employees. Ensuring all tasks undertaken are carried out in a safe controlled manner. Hold tool box talks in promoting safety to warehouse employees.
• Accountable for successful control of Project Material including, Inventory, Surplus and the Preservation of material.
• Managing, tracking, reporting, and forecasting such that material for projects are delivered on time and within specification.
• Performs Work Front Forecasting for Construction planning, coordinate with the Engineering team to ensure necessary Engineering deliverables such as attributes/BOM structure are maintained with correct Materials ROS dates in the system.
• Liaise with Engineering, Expediting and Construction teams to ensure materials priorities are identified, well communicated and activities performed to meet the project schedule.
• Coordinate with Expeditor to assign priorities and expedite movement of materials from Suppliers to fabrication yards according to Construction schedule.
• Ensure project material reports are reviewed, approved, and published to all PMT’s.
• Liaise with warehouse operation team and manage material receiving, storage & issuing are performed as per project priorities and system is updated in timely manner for receiving and issuing.
• Upon material receipts, ensure that all logs are updated, and postings are carried out in the system.
• Liaise with Preservation Coordinator and materials coordinator to ensure storage and preservation of project material as per project procedures.
• Ensures closeout of all OS&D’s in a timely manner, so the materials are acknowledged and ready for issuance.
• Coordinate with Warehouse lead and receiving materials inspector for prioritizing inspection activities
• Coordinate with warehouse lead to maintains storage area by organizing floor space; adhering to storage as per project requirements.
• Ensure proper and timely track for all incoming and outgoing materials deliveries to end-users.
• Ensure inventory is maintained by conducting physical counts; reconciling variances; updating data.
• Communicate & provide reports such as daily, weekly activity report, etc. to the Managers, Projects team, others as and when required in a timely and accurate manner.
Key Objectives & Milestones
• Ensure to facilitate or provide the tools, equipment, and work environment are available to support the people to work in safely and productively
• Ensure the subordinates are fully complying with EHS, Ethics and Compliance procedures.
• Manage an effective coordination and communication with Project team and other departments,
• Provide the assigned report to Site Material Manager, Ensure the KPI is well met.
• People development by internal coaching, assignment as well to identify the necessary training related to his/her work scope.
• Plan storage of material based on expediting report given by the project expeditor.
• Project material control process is accurate, timely documented and complete.
• All communication is tactful, friendly and respects confidentiality and analysis are completed on time.
• Meetings & Investigations are documented, timely accurate and complete.
• Follow up actions are timely, complete and documented.
• Liaison with outside services is timely, accurate and discrete.
Key Liaisons within Organization
• Warehouse & Material Controls Team,,
• Project Engineers,
• Production Engineers,
• Project Expeditors,
• Logistic Team,
• QA/QC Inspectors.
• Material Management / IT
Preferred / Desired Added Qualifications
• Proficiency in Material Management Systems (Smart Materials)
• Computer literate and proficient in the use of spreadsheets.
• Specific Industry Training, Knowledge of Engineering / Petrochemical industry or General Engineering / Mechanical background.
Relevant Work Experience
· 10 years’ experience in material management
Required Competencies and Skills
Technical / Functional Competencies/ Skills
(Essential to succeed in this job)
• Fluent in English language (oral +written).
• Able to read, analyse and interpret business periodicals, professional journals or technical procedures.
• Computer literate, proficient in the use of spreadsheets and Material Management software.
• Ability to compile / write reports, business correspondence and procedures as well as effectively presenting information and respond to questions from management.
• Capable of working under pressure, , handling high volumes of work and balancing conflicting demands in a timely manner whilst constantly meeting deadlines and targets.
• Will be self-motivated, highly focused, driven by results and able to demonstrate excellent organization and communication skills and pay attention to detail while operating with flexibility and adaptability.
• Good interpersonal & communication skills, familiar with materials, specifications, and Materials Management systems.
Start date: 12/02/2024
End date: 11/02/2025
Location: Rotterdam, Botlek (work is site based, remote work is not considered)
Working Hours: 07:00- 16:00, Overtime is expected which can be either working additional hours over the core 8 hours, and/or working more than 5 days per week.