Your tasks and responsibilities:
The candidate will be responsible for overseeing technical scope on capital and expense projects from Project Definition through Detailed Design to Construction. The candidate will lead multiple piping projects to provide quality project deliverables with tasks such as:
• Effectively plan and organize work including setting priorities to meet project milestones in accordance with project schedule
• Developing, maintaining, and tracking of engineering work hours
• Working in a multi-discipline, multi-location, team environment with both face-to-face communication and virtual software.
• Developing layouts and conducting reviews to consider constructability, operability and maintainability.
• Either develop Piping Stress Analysis or thru Pipe Stress Engineers to provide necessary analysis as required.
• Work with Pipe Material Specifications and the piping components to ensure that we have the most effective technology and cost advantage.
• Applying global design standards, EH&S standards, most effective technology, loss prevention principles, applicable engineering codes, and best practices.
• Ensuring that environmental, Safety and Loss Prevention principles are used in design.
• Ensuring that the designs consistently comply with applicable industry codes, standards, Most Effective Technology and global practices and specifications.
• Work to resolve constructability, operability and maintainability issues.
• Potential to develop to become a (global) expert in several piping skills and technologies.
• Interfacing with and participating on teams with manufacturing personnel, maintenance personnel, other engineering design disciplines, vendors, contractors, and suppliers as needed.
• The candidate should have a working knowledge of piping systems and tools, including Chemical / petrochemical process industries, design criteria and standards, Applicable codes and standards, both national and international, Safety and loss prevention principles, P&ID symbology, Piping Stress Analysis, Pipe specifications, Piping Materials (pipe, valves, fitting), Constructability issues, construction techniques, and construction drawings, 3D modeling ( SP3D, PDMS, PDS)
• Revamp project experience
• Knowledge of codes and standards, both national and international (ASME B31.1, 31.3, 31.4 and 31.8, PED)
• Knowledge of Piping Stress Analysis
• Knowledge of Piping Materials (pipe, valves, fitting) including how those components are used to create Pipe Material Specifications.
• Excellent communication (written and oral in English) and interpersonal skills
• Self-starter with high initiative
• Able to participate as a team player on dynamic multi-discipline project teams requiring strong negotiating and evaluation skills
• Must be able to do field work in an operating chemical plant, take field measurements, and climb stairs and ladders.
• B.S. in Engineering is required
• Mechanical is preferred