You will function mainly as an E&I design engineer on small to intermediate sized multidiscipline projects. Most of the tasks are related to front-end loading (feed) and construction packages for site executed projects. This includes equipment and labor specification, evaluating technical documents, detailed design and as-built preparation.
You will perform your tasks within a team but are expected to be flexible, able to work independent and show leadership in your role.
As TES Terneuzen works closely together with engineering partners in India (Chennai), you need to be able to discuss and leverage tasks with colleagues in English language and respect other cultures and behavior.
A successful candidate is expected to quickly learn and effectively apply the Dow design tools, work processes, standards, and best practices and to drive productivity and performance improvements.
Key responsibilities include:
• Basic design for instrumentation and related electrical components and feeders, including P&ID checks, block & loop diagrams, instrument data sheets and IO lists;
• Sizing / selection / validating process instrumentation and corresponding hook-ups;
• Sizing / selection / validating control and automated block valves;
• Sizing / selection / validating (low voltage) electrical feeders and equipment, such as motors, variable frequency drives (VFD), uninterruptable power supplies (UPS), rectifiers / chargers feeder panels, electrical tracing and corresponding cables;
• Design and engineering according to national and international codes and regulations;
• Using environmental, safety and loss prevention principles;
• Frequent field verification visits (Terneuzen site) for gathering details and checking as-built situations;
• Provide input for cost estimates, quality and efficiency measurements;
• Contact for client and partners for technical questions and participation in (inter)discipline and project meetings;
• Guiding E&I work, executed by external engineering companies and the Central Engineering Center - Chennai (CEC).
Long term growth opportunities:
• E&I area lead, which holds extended responsibilities such as:
o leading a small team of designers / engineers;
o managing multiple projects in several plants;
o managing outsourced work;
o providing input for resource planning and scheduling of projects;
o participation in regular project and progress meetings;
• Direct technical support for client, process engineering, process automation, construction and maintenance partners and related activities;
• Validating process data and process packages;
• Participation in HAZOP studies and SIL assessment and Root Cause Investigations;
• Participations in global technology teams;
• Peer coaching.
• Fluency in Dutch and English language;
• Able to work with other design disciplines and colleagues in multi-cultural environment.
• Knowledge of regulations and codes, such as ATEX, NPR, NEN and IEC, working experience in SPI and 2D CAD tool.
• Eager to extend skills in both instrumentation and electrical engineering and (Dow) tools wherever gaps exist;
• Experience with common (Windows) computer office tools.