• Implements detailed other EH&S / IH programs mainly focused on compliance using EH&S work processes, standards and procedures
• Becomes expert in the following systems:
• Operational Dashboard : takes care of the implementation, coaches and guides people in the field. Leads and monitors the progress of the compliance tasks via MTL / CTT and corrects in consultation with leadership
• Management of Change: coaches and guides people in the field. Leads and monitors the progress of the open items /overdue and reviews and corrects in consultation with Leadership. Promotes the Management of Change process of the department in an active way. Hold a self-assessment once every two years and solve corrective actions. Ensures that the department follows the site policy and meets the requirements of Dow's global MOC requirements. Ensures that the documentation is complete and stored in a central location.
• Event and Action tool,
• ODMS/ WEbEDMS documentation compliance
• Participate in EH&S related root cause investigations.
• Complete scheduled compliance tasks and self assessments.
• Provide EH&S orientation and indoctrination training to new employees.
• Collect data for EH&S reporting.
• Participate in and provide data for EH&S Systems Audits.
• Participate in Pre-startup safety reviews and Management of Change Reviews.
• Is a team member in the EH&S compliance improvement projects for R&D. Monitors progress and achievements of the EH&S goals of the relevant facilities
• Coordinates compliance in ODMS/Webedms systems for all R&D facilities.
• Participates in assessments and diverse projects and initiatives relating to EH&S
• Guides and supports teams and individuals in EH & S-related tasks and activities in the field. Participates actively in one or more Safety Action Committees.
• Strong team member in all EH&S communications
• Coordinate safety and housekeeping inspections for areas supported.
• Write procedures and programs as required.
Initiative: Proactively offers up ideas to leadership on ways to improve EH&S performance and gets departments to work together on safety. Has a “can do” attitude that is contagious. Must be a self starter in order to identify and accomplish multiple tasks for assigned R&D departments. Is response to client needs through proper planning and prioritization.
Interpersonal effectiveness: Need to be able to deal with a variety of personalities in 1) emotional situations, such as incident investigations 2) situations where there could be conflict, such as when intervening in an unsafe situation. Need to communicate effectively and in a timely manner at all levels within the organizations you support. Need to listen, be able to influence, and seek win-win outcomes.
Leadership: Motivate and enthuse others to participate and comply with EH&S initiatives. Help EH&S teams and Root Cause Investigation teams make sound decisions. Challenge behaviors that are contrary to Dow’s vision of behavioral and cultural change.
Learning: Enjoys learning and teaching others.
Teamwork: Fully participates in the R&D EH&S team, and readily volunteers for his/her fair share and meets commitments. Supports and implements team decisions.
Education/Certification/Work Experience Requirements:
• MBO level 4 education level
• EH&S experience
• Is in possession of a valid MVK and / or MMK certificate.
• Has a thorough knowledge of the Dutch and English language in word and writing