• Lead projects and work well in a team environment, with good communication skills.
• Assist with the Scope development during FEL/Project Definition Phase
• Develop Civil Design Packages using SP3D modeling software as well as Microstation.
• Create all required project documentation, including Civil Drawings, Demolition Photo Documents, Civil Job Instructions, etc.
• Working knowledge of Discipline standards and practices
• Provide overall responsibility for Code compliance and Structural Steel connection approval
• Work independently and / or lead projects utilizing multiple Civil Designers, interfacing with construction, manufacturing and maintenance personnel, other engineering disciplines, EPC’s, vendors, and suppliers as needed
• Has a strong working knowledge of the Microsoft suite of tools
• Create electronic drawings to scale indicating coordinates, dimensions, material specifications, and other standard information
• Ability to plan and organize work effectively to meet Project milestones
• Self-starter with high initiative, effective oral, written and electronic communication skills
• Archive and retrieve drawings using archive tools.
• Plot drawings and organize packages according to package standards before delivering to client.
• Has an understanding of design package standards.
• Support Civil Construction activities with clarification and/or technical support
• Support of Plant Operations and Maintenance as needed.
• Optimize resources and allocation
• Monitor discipline performance and identify gap closure plans
• Drive performance improvements for the discipline.
• Bachelor of Science in Civil/Structural Engineering is required
• Master of Science in Civil/Structural Engineering is preferred
• A minimum of 5-10 years civil/structural engineering experience is required on capital/expense projects
• Prior experience in the Chemical, Petrochemical, Oil and Gas, or Energy industry is preferred.
• Ability to work with a wide variety of personnel, including other detail design disciplines and personnel from diverse cultures.
• Proficient use of Civil Engineering Design tools is required.
• Excellent communication (written and oral in English) and interpersonal skills
• Strong team player
• Experience in managing priorities and timelines simultaneously